At restaurant Sujata, we have a meditation workshop every Saturday from 6:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to participate, be it a beginner wanting to know "What is meditation?" or an experienced seeker. Classes are practical with the aim to help establish meditation as a custom in everyday life. After talking about what meditation is, we will do several exercises including mantras (often in the form of a song), visualisation, breathing, concentration etc. All of the class is free of charge.
"Fountain art" and "Soul birds" by Sri Chinmoy
What are the contents of the course?
- explanation of the basics of relaxation, breathing, concentration and meditation and their experience
- learn how to solve problems with the power of the heart
- experience a group meditation
- advice about practical aspects of individual everyday meditation
- singing meditative songs (mantras) and discovering the relation between music and meditation (sometimes live performance is available)
- introduction to the philosophy of meditation and spiritual life
As materials for the class, we use excerpts from writings on meditation by Sri Chinmoy, his videos, poems, music, paintings, etc. All of them help to focus one's attention on the heart. Sri Chinmoy gave numerous lectures and question answering sessions on yoga and meditation at universities throughout the world. He also created music, paintings and poetry from a high state of consciousness. These works of art can helps us greatly to have a deeper meditation.
Meditation brings relief from stress and restores our peace of mind but that is not all. It cultivates in us a feeling of pure joy, satisfaction, peace, and we become able to love ourselves and others unconditionally and feel oneness with the people and the world around us. We would be happy if you could taste this feeling at least a little during this basic workshop.
If you have any questions regarding the workshop, please use the Contact Form. Sometimes the session is cancelled, so we recommend to first call us or send us a message if you plan to come.